Communication Internship at CONCORD
CONCORDistheEuropeanconfederationofReliefandDevelopmentNGOs.Weare madeupofmemberorganisations:28nationalassociations,21internationalnetworks and 3 associate members that represent over 2,600 NGOs, supported by millions of citizens across Europe. We are the main interlocutor with the EU institutions on developmentpolicy.Weareanotforprofitorganisation,registeredunderBelgianlaw as an a.i.s.b.l - Association Internationale Sans But Lucratif - (An international not for profitassociation).
If youre looking for meaningful experience in a confederation committed to bettering lives around the world with a team of dedicated professionals and wonderful people and tell everyone from your mother to your partner that you contribute every day to transforming the lives of millions of people around the world, we would love to hear from you!
About the internship
CONCORD is seeking a highly-motivated individual to support the Communications Coordinator and the Secretariat in preparing communication outcomes which are making our policy & advocacy work more impactful.
As this is an unpaid internship, the trainee must be enrolled in a university or higher education institute or exchange programme which will subsidise their internship and cover all insurance costs for the duration of the assignment.
What exactly you will do and what you will learn?
· Assist in drafting the monthlynewsletter:
· Update website and upload documents uponrequest;
o Learning how to useWordpress
· Assist in writing targeted messages around publications launch, events organisation;
o Improve writing skills to draft short, sharptexts
o Learning how to build a communication plan andtoolkits
o Learning about media relations and how to develop pressreleases
o Learning about visualcommunication
· Assist in event communication, administration andlogistics;
o Learning how to use video and live streamingprogrammes
o Learning how to live tweet and use digital tools to facilitate thereporting
· Assist in social mediaupdates;
o Learning how to use social media for effectivecommunication
· Monitor European news on development and humanitarianassistance;
o Learning about European DevelopmentPolicies.
· Assist in maintaining the online & offline library up todate.
o Learning knowledgemanagement
Here are the skills and experience were looking for:
· University student or graduate preferably in communication,development studies, political science or EU studies.
· Fluent in English. French/Spanish considered an asset, but not arequirement
· Communication mindset: capacity to break down complex, technicalissues into user-friendlytexts;
· Team player capable of working in a dynamic and multi-cultural NGO environment;
· Computer skills, especially web and social media related; the geekierthe better.
Any of the following is a plus:
· Layout and graphic designer skills are anasset;
· Experience with Non-Governmental Organisations / value-based organisations would be anadvantage;
· Experience in writing, editing and proofreading, social media and online communication, including the use of content management systems(CMS);
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
As this is an unpaid internship, the trainee must be enrolled in a university or higher education institute or exchange programme which will subsidise their internshipand cover all insurance costs for the duration of theassignment.
· Local transportcost.
· Daily allowance forfood.
· A good learningenvironment.
· On top, out team motto is Teamwork makes the dream work:)
Duration: from March 25th 2019 to September 25th 2019
Supervisor: Gerhard Schützinger, Communication Coordinator at CONCORD
Mardi 05 fevrier 2019 / Vendredi 15 fevrier 2019
T. +32 (0)2 743.87.60http://www.mundo-j.org/fr/Associations/Concord.html